Articles

What is a Ceramic Coating?
What properties make something an actual coating?
NANOPRO (C)

All silicones are made from a chemical reaction between Amorphic Silica (sand) and liquidizing agent, normally a strong base chemical. after that, it’s reacted with organic chemicals in order to turn it into Silicons monomers and polymers.

A ceramic coating is silicone resin (Siloxane polymer) that is turned back into his original Silica state, in the presence of a catalyst and humidity. Different companies use different catalysts, that leads to the different crystallization process. Some catalysts are cheap and some expensive, cheap ones (Ammonia based) will normally have poor crystalized structure and will fail after a short while. The quality of the catalyst and the carrier solvent normally determines the outcome quality of the ceramic coating, because the silica has to be crystallized in a 3D matrix – a process that takes about 7 days, final curing will take about 1 month.

The Silica that’s formed in this process is not Amorphic because it was originated from a polymer, therefore its non-Amorphic structure gives it higher flexibility and mechanical adhesion to many surfaces.
Normally, in each dry film of a ceramic coating, you will have about 70-75% SiO2, and the rest 20-25% will be silicone additives for hydrophobicity and gloss.

A ceramic coating is not recommended to be applied with a dry film thickness of more than 30 microns, that is because the molecules of the SiO2 are not mechanically bonded to each other.

Choosing the right ceramic coating company/manufacturer is very important. The materials are not cheap and choosing the cheaper materials causing the ceramic coating to fail very fast.

NANOPRO – Made of the best RAW materials in the world.

Written by NANOPRO Heisenberg.
Http://www.NANOPRO-Group.com
All right reserved (C)